Established in 1963, Oldcastle Precast — Rotondo manufactures products for the utility and heavy highway industries and modular buildings. Located approximately 35 miles north of Philadelphia, we are situated to service the Philadelphia metropolitan area along with New Jersey, New York, Delaware, and Maryland.
Situated on over 60 acres (about 35 usable), the 100,000+ square foot facility houses three manufacturing areas, a maintenance and form shop, a supplies warehouse, a finishing area, and offices. Oldcastle Precast — Rotondo employs 24 salary and 60 to 80 hourly employees. In addition to the precast plant, the Telford facility houses the offices of the Oldcastle Precast Modular Group.
This state-of-the-art manufacturing facility has the capacity to store over 900 tons of raw materials. Six underground storage bins each house 120 tons of material while above-ground storage provides space for an additional 170 tons. A computer-controlled batching system feeds a 4 yard mixer. This facility also recycles the water used for washout. Wash water is reclaimed and used for the following day’s washout.
The main manufacturing areas are:
- Plant 1 is the original production area built in 1963. This area now houses our upgraded maintenance department and ConVault steel tank fabrication.
- Plant 2, built in 1973 and later expanded in 1999, produces our ConVault tanks, utility vaults, and BEBO product lines.
- Plant 3, built in 1988, produces our box culvert, wood form, specialty products, and special projects.
- Plant 4, built in 2001, houses our cage shop and utility products production area.
- In 1995, Rotondo renovated a 10,000 square foot warehouse in our finishing building.
- In 2001, Rotondo renovated the old maintenance shop into a warehouse for PTG and small parts storage.
- Rotondo also has a fully equipped carpenter shop and a fully outfitted tool crib.
Major markets are: Heavy Highway (box culverts, small bridges, arch culverts); Utility Distribution (utility vaults, pads, transformer foundations); Environmental (sand filters, stormwater treatment, CastleTrap storm detention system, ConVault fuel storage); StarTrack railroad grade crossings; Castle Rock retaining walls.