Note: Pay careful attention to the "Installation Instructions" and "Recommended Cleanout and Maintenance Procedures".
Oldcastle Precast Oil/Water Separators offer environmental protection from surface water pollution meeting the needs of a wide variety of run-off applications.
- high performance removal of fugitive oil from storm and wash-down water
- interception capacity for accidental surface releases
- enhanced pre-treatment for biological and physio-chemical purification systems
- precision-formed, high quality reinforced concrete retention structure
Oldcastle Precast produces two styles of separators in a number of sizes:
1. Coalescing Media style separators (CPS) – these are high-performance separators that are designed to separate the oil by gravity, but use coalescing media to improve the efficiency of the separator; the media are able to pick up the smaller droplets of oil providing a cleaner effluent.
*Basic design information per WSDE; user to adjust estimates for variations in real conditions
2. API (American Petroleum Institute) style separators (SA) – these separators are designed to separate the oil and water by gravity; their efficiency is a function of the size of the vault, flow rate, and retention time.
We recommend using one or more of the following in combination with an oil/water separator for best results:
- high flow bypass vault
- sediment trap vault
- sampling vault
- oil trap vault