Critical Fuel Supply for Healthcare Facility's Emergency Power System
Bergelectric Corporation, a nationally recognized electrical contractor, recently finished on-site construction of the “mission critical” electric power emergency/backup generation system for the new $700-million California Health Care Facility in Stockton, CA.
Bergelectric, responsible for feeding power to the 144-acre site, supplied the core support facilities that serve as the backbone of operations. One of the most significant aspects of Berg’s role on CHCF-Stockton was the integration of normal and emergency power.
Oldcastle Precast supplied the specialized fuel storage system that feeds the 2 MegaWatt Caterpillar generators for emergency power.
Oldcastle Precast/ConVault sales team collaborated with customer/partner, Rich Hamilton, Special Projects Manager for Donlee Pump Co. and Berg’s Dan Winkels, project engineer for this project. The team designed and constructed a custom, site specific fuel supply system to feed six - 2 MegaWatt Caterpillar generators.
ConVault Protected Fuel Storage Tank
The fuel supply system includes one 2,000-gallon ConVaultday-tank which was supplied by four large 10,000-gallon ConVault auxiliary storage tanks.
The 5-tank array is fully monitored and auto-managed to provide re-circulation of fuel product and refueling of the day-tank “on demand”.
Rounding out the comprehensive system design is a unique fuel filtration system, using a Velcon 60 GPM aircraft style filter module and differential pressure gauging/compensating systems, to ensure fuel quality and purity.
Emergency Backup Power System- Scope of Work
Oldcastle Precast provided:
* 1 – 2,000-gallon ConVault Protected Fuel Storage Tanks (for genset day-tank)
* 4 – 10,000-gallon ConVault Protected Fuel Storage Tanks (main fuel storage)
All tanks systems are UL 2085 Listed per NFPA requirements, including fire, ballistic, vehicle impact and explosion protection.
• ConVault meets uniform fire codes.
• Inspection for leaks is visual, which eliminates very expensive monitoring equipment needed to detect leaks underground.
• ConVault Vaulted Fuel Storage tanks are finished units - pumps and accessories are available - and can be set in place, ready for use.
• The ConVault tank can be customized to fit your needs. 250 - 500 - 1,000 - 2,000 - 4,000 - 5,200 - 6,000 - 8,000 - 10,000 - 12,000 gallons,
split sizes also available.
Donlee Pump Co. provided and field installed all tanks, piping and equipment.
(Click here to add to My Files.)