SwaleGard® Parkway Culvert Pre-Filter
The SwaleGard pre-filter is an inlet pre-treatment device that removes gross solids, trash and debris as well as petroleum hydrocarbons from stormwater runoff before reaching a swale or bioretention facility. The SwaleGard pre-filter traps large trash and debris in the upper chamber and smaller sediment in a collection basket below. The device also provides hydrocarbon removal using sorbent pouches. Sediments and associated pollutants can inhibit the infiltration rate of bioretention cells, and the SwaleGard pre-filter captures such pollutants in one location before they get to the bioretention facility. By preventing these pollutants from reaching the bioretention surface, the SwaleGard pre-filter enhances treatment performance, extends the service life of the treatment area, and simplifies maintenance. As with any stormwater treatment system, the SwaleGard pre-filter requires regular maintenance to prolong the life of the system. Routine maintenance is accomplished by removing accumulated pollutants from the inlet screen by hand or by using a vacuum truck and replacing the sorbent pouches. Frequency of maintenance depends on the conditions of the site and performance of the system.
- Provides Pre-Treatment
- Enhances Bioretention Performance
- Simple Design
- Easy to Maintain
- Multiple Applications
- Traps pollutants before reaching a bioretention cell, extending the service life and reducing maintenance needed.
- Reduces the pollutant load on a swale or bioretention facility, enhancing performance and allowing the system to infiltrate as designed.
- Simple design is effective and economical.
- Collects and retains gross pollutants at one location for easy removal.
- Can be used for bioretention cell systems, grassy swales and parkway culverts.