Strata Grease Interceptors™
Product Available Regionally*
Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) are generated at food service establishments (FSEs) as a byproduct of food preparation activities. When FOG enters the sewer system it begins to cool and solidify, reducing conveyance capacity and blocking flow. Often time this leads to sewer overflows and spills which put the health and safety of the public at risk.
Grease interceptors have played an important role in preventing accumulated FOG from damaging the public infrastructure by collecting it at the source. Strata grease interceptors include innovative, high performance features which when combined with Best Management Practices (BMPs), will significantly reduce the amount of FOG entering the sewer system.
- Flow Distribution Channels
- Unrestricted Gravity Flow
- Large Capacity
- Tapered Access Openings and Variable Height Lids
- NPCA Certified Durable Design
- Optional Corrosion Resistant Coatings Available
- Promotes a distributed, laminar flow path and eliminates turbulence and short-circuiting
- No flow control devices which mitigates clogging, backups and potential health hazards or costly jetting fees.
- Less frequent maintenance
- Maximum visibility for proper inspection and maintenance
- 6000+ PSI that is less porous than most concrete designs. No traffic loading or buoyancy issues.
Product Information Downloads
How It Works
Grease interceptors operate based on Stokes Law which describes the rate at which a particle rises (or falls) in a laminar, non-turbulent liquid. The Strata design includes wide area flow distribution channels which ensure optimal conditions for maximum separation efficiency. By maintaining low flow velocities throughout the cross-sectional area of the interceptor, Strata eliminates the potential for bypass or short circuiting common in traditional designs.
Let our professionals help you size a Strata interceptor today.